FR Balaclava 400 has been created for professional use in challenging environments. It is certified in accordance with specific EN standards for flame protection. For maximum protection we recommend that you use a complete undergarment set together with other certified outer layers.
The fabric is circular knitted and therefore has very few seams that can chafe. Seams are always the weakest link in a garment, so our clothes are very durable. FR Balaclava 400 has an opening that can be adjusted to cover up your whole face apart from your eyes. The lower part of the opening can also be pulled down under your nose or chin. The neck is extra long to avoid gaps.
The clothes are manufactured entirely in Östersund, Jämtland from the yarn to the finished product. Our seamstresses sew an entire garment from start to end and move with it between the machines.
Wool is nature’s own functional fabric and so far, no man-made fibres have been able to replicate all the unique qualities of wool. The fabric doesn’t smell bad if you sweat, for example. What’s more, it keeps you dry as the wool can absorb up to 30 per cent of its own weight in moisture without even feeling damp. But if you really get wet, the balaclava keeps you warm anyway. It’s because of a chemical process within the wool called absorption heat. FR Balaclava 400 can be washed at 60 degrees celcius or 140 degrees fahrenheit.
• The garments are made in Östersund, Jämtland, all the way from the yarn to the final packaged product.
• No other man-made fabric has all the great qualities of wool.
• We take our wool from merino sheep that graze in the Argentinian part of Patagonia and Uruguay, and it is mulesing free.
• Wool keeps you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm.
• The fabric doesn’t smell bad if you sweat. Wool is self-cleaning and breaks down the bad-smelling bacteria from the skin. That’s why it doesn’t need to be washed so often.
• Wool fibres can absorb up to 30 per cent of their own weight in moisture before even feeling damp.
• Even if the material gets damp it continues to keep you warm anyway.
• Woolpower clothes can be washed at 60 degrees.
• Woolpower’s undergarments don’t itch and feel soft and comfortable against your skin.
• FR Balaclava 400 is elasticated and shapes itself around your head.
$ 52.20 $ 87.00
Thin & Versatile Contoured to fit your individual build, ¾ Long Johns LITE for Women are the epitome of function and fashion. This thin, yet versatile base layer is the...
A Twist on the Classic Our favorite beanie classic with a new twist – meet the Beanie Rib! We’ve added ribbing for texture and style to create a beanie for...
The Woolpower Beanie Classic is as good as it sounds – a classic hat for all occasions and adventures. Whether you’re running out to dinner with friends or heading into...