FR Zip Turtleneck 400 has been created for professional use in challenging environments. It is certified in accordance with specific EN standards for flame protection. The sweater has been designed as a mid layer to wear over Woolpower Protection LITE for example. For maximum protection we recommend that you use a complete undergarment set together with other certified outer layers. By wearing Woolpower directly against your skin you’ll get the most benefit from merino wool’s qualities.
The fabric is circular knitted and therefore has very few seams that can chafe. Seams are always the weakest link in a garment, so our clothes are very durable. The cuffs are elasticated and are also knitted into the fabric. The sweater is slightly longer at the back to avoid gaps.
The clothes are manufactured entirely in Östersund, Jämtland from the yarn to the finished product. Our seamstresses sew an entire garment from start to end and move with it between the machines. When they are satisfied with the result, they sew their own nametag into the garment. That’s why you always know who has sewn your Woolpower sweater.
Wool is nature’s own functional fabric and so far, no man-made fibres have been able to replicate all the unique qualities of wool. The fabric doesn’t smell bad if you sweat, for example. What’s more, it keeps you dry as the wool can absorb up to 30 per cent of its own weight in moisture without even feeling damp. But if you really get wet, the sweater keeps you warm anyway. It’s because of a chemical process within the wool called absorption heat. FR Zip Turtleneck 400 can be washed at 60 degrees.
Black, available in sizes: XS-XXXL.
• Ullfrotté Original 400g is a slightly thicker fabric that can be used as a warming mid layer, for example underneath a water repellent outer layer. Adjust layers based on your level of activity.
• Remember that the garments are unisex. Check your sizes against our size charts. If you normally wear a large, you will wear a Large in Woolpower.
• The garments are made in Östersund, Jämtland, all the way from the yarn to the final packaged product.
• The seamstresses sew an entire garment from start to finish, and mark the clothes they sew with their own nametag.
• No other man-made fabric has all the great qualities of wool.
• We take our wool from merino sheep that graze in the Argentinian part of Patagonia and Uruguay, and it is mulesing free.
• The fabric doesn’t smell bad if you sweat. Wool is self-cleaning and breaks down the bad-smelling bacteria from the skin. That’s why it doesn’t need to be washed so often.
• Wool fibres can absorb up to 30 per cent of their own weight in moisture before even feeling damp.
• Even if the material gets damp it continues to keep you warm anyway.
• Woolpower clothes can be washed at 60 degreescelcius or 140 degrees fahrenheit .
$ 80.00 $ 91.00
Lengthwise seams which are placed further back for optimal comfort. The short sleeves have raglan seams to prevent rub when carrying a backpack. Longer back to prevent gaps. Woolpower LITE...
$ 97.00 $ 109.00
The long sleeved crewneck LITE is made of 1◊1 rib knit with color contrasting, light green seams. The lengthwise seams are curved from the front to the back for optimal...
$ 86.00 $ 97.00
Long johns LITE are made of 1◊1 rib knit fabric with color contrasting, light green seams. The waistband is smooth elastic, in black and logo in green knitted-in. Made to...