Socks Knee-High 400 are made from our classic Ulfrotté Original 400 fabric both in the foot and the shaft, and they are knee-high in length. This is a thicker sock that is suitable as a second layer over one of our thinner socks, or as a first layer. They go well with our 3/4 Long Johns LITE or 200 if you want to avoid having double layers.
Woolpower has made socks in Östersund, Jämtland since the beginning of the 1970s. We know how important it is to keep your feet warm and dry, both for work and pleasure. Wear Woolpower closest to your skin to make sure you really get the benefits of merino wool’s qualities. And, pull on several pairs of socks to increase insulation.
Wool is nature’s own functional fabric and so far, no man-made fibres have been able to replicate all the unique qualities of wool. The socks keep you warm when it’s cold out and cool when it’s warm. If you get wet the fabric keeps you dry as the wool can absorb up to 30 per cent of its own weight in moisture without even feeling damp. But if you really get wet, the socks keep you warm anyway. It’s because of a chemical process within the wool called absorption heat. Woolpower also has a self-cleaning effect. If you sweat the socks don’t smell bad which means you don’t need to wash them so often.
All Woolpower socks are manufactured entirely in Östersund, from yarn to finished product on our specially designed sock machines.
64 % Merino wool
36 % Polyamide
• Ullfrotté Original 400g is a slightly thicker fabric that can be used as a warming mid layer.
• The garments are made in Östersund, Jämtland, all the way from the yarn to the final packaged product.
• We take our wool from merino sheep that graze in the Argentinian part of Patagonia and Uruguay, and it is mulesing free.
• Wool keeps you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm.
• The fabric doesn’t smell bad if you sweat. Wool is self-cleaning and breaks down the bad-smelling bacteria from the skin. That’s why it doesn’t need to be washed so often.
• Wool fibers can absorb up to 30 per cent of their own weight in moisture before even feeling damp.
• Even if the material gets damp it continues to keep you warm anyway.
• Woolpower socks can be washed at 60 degrees celcius or 140 degrees fahrenheit.
• Woolpower’s socks don’t itch and feel soft and comfortable against your skin.
Sizes: 36-39, 40-44, 45-48
$ 53.00 $ 88.20
Lengthwise seams which are placed further back for optimal comfort. The short sleeves have raglan seams to prevent rub when carrying a backpack. Longer back to prevent gaps. Woolpower LITE...
$ 66.00 $ 111.60
The long sleeved crewneck LITE is made of 1◊1 rib knit with color contrasting, light green seams. The lengthwise seams are curved from the front to the back for optimal...
$ 58.00 $ 110.00
Long johns LITE are made of 1◊1 rib knit fabric with color contrasting, light green seams. The waistband is smooth elastic, in black and logo in green knitted-in. Made to...